RESTARTING CHURCH SERVICES
We are delighted to inform you that we have restarted our face to face church services to worship our Lord and be in the company of our church family and visitors. As we prepare for these times together, we ask that you please read through the important guidelines below before arrival at the church.
We want to ask that everybody approaches our proposed Sunday services with a spirit of flexibility as we find our feet in doing things in a brand new way. We encourage you to “go with the flow” with the various new elements that are needing to be implemented at this time.
• The movement of people on a Sunday morning will be confined to the auditorium, the disability toilet and the boardroom area. Please do not enter into any other area of the church premises so that potential cross-contamination is avoided and the burden on our church cleaners is alleviated.
• We urge you to follow Government Health Directives when deciding on whether or not to attend in-person services. Each person is responsible for their own choice in balancing the risks involved in attending services.
• Our Kidz Church program will restart on Sunday 4 October.
• Our COVID Safe Worship Plan allows for a maximum of 50 people to attend a service. Please advise Rev Iris Marais via sms or email of your intention to attend so that we don’t have to turn anyone away at the door.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org OR SMS 0432 067 227
• Stay home if you are sick
• If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, please get tested
• Stay 1.5 metres away from each other —think two big steps
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or hand sanitizer before arrival
• Sneeze or cough into your arm or a tissue. Then put the tissue into the bin and re-sanitise your hands.
Please do not
• Go near people if you are coughing (excluding asthma coughs) or sneezing
• Touch your mouth, nose and eyes
• Shake hands
• Hug or kiss people
• We are required to record attendees and usher you to your seat. This will take a bit of extra time upon arrival. Once seated, please remain seated in your allocated chair and do not change seats. Unfortunately moving around the church and chatting with friends is not an option.
• Please practice physical distancing of 1.5 meters in the church and in the car park.
• Please arrive at 8:50am for a 9am start.
• Please note that the windows and doors in the auditorium will be left open for ventilation during the service and air conditioners will be left off. You are encouraged to wear warm clothing suitable for the day.
• Communion will recommence on Sunday 4 October.
• There will be no morning tea initially. Please disperse to your vehicles after worship. Having morning tea with family or friends at a nearby coffee shop or inviting a friend over are personal choices at this stage. We encourage you to follow the COVID safe directives.
• Donations of cash may be made at the door.
• You are encouraged to bring your own face-mask and wear it during church services.
It is a blessing to be able to meet together again to worship our Lord Jesus. The process will feel strange initially as we find our new rhythm over the coming weeks. We hope the new normal will become more familiar over time.
We ask you to please express your love for your fellow congregation members by following the above guidelines which will enable us to attend church with the lowest possible chance of picking up COVID-19. None of us can afford to contract this disease and our primary concern is for people’s safety.
We look forward to seeing you and hosting you at our services.
Your Covid Safety Team
We are excited to let you know you can join us online if you are interested in hearing our Sunday sermons! Please visit our website each week to find our weekly sermon on YouTube. Our YouTube Channel can be found by clicking on this link: Living Faith Uniting Church YouTube Channel
Alternatively, LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE for up to date information and access to sermons: Living Faith Uniting Church Facebook Page
Keep up to date
Register to receive Living Faith Uniting Church's weekly newsletter containing all our latest updates on events, courses, services and more!! Send your email contact details to email@example.com if you would like to receive our weekly newsletter. Click here for current and archived newsletters, Living Faith Uniting Newsletters.
WELCOME TO THE LIVING FAITH UNITING CHURCH ONLINE
“COFFEE LOUNGE MINISTRY”
Friends, we are writing to notify you of a few fun church activities we are working on. We have a wonderful Coffee Lounge onsite at church and would like to convert that to an online “Coffee Lounge Ministry” for the time being.
What does this mean?
There will be various opportunities for us to connect online with each other over a nice cuppa, and for those with a sweet tooth, feel free to bring along a yummy too!
You can meet Iris, your friends, your small group or anyone related to Living Faith Uniting Church in our Online Coffee Lounge. We have listed below some initial upcoming events we would love you to partake in.
How do you do this?
Simply contact Rev Iris to discuss your interest firstname.lastname@example.org or 0432 067 227
ONLINE COFFEE LOUNGE PRAYER MEETING Every Second and Fourth Thursday of the Month
7PM - 8PM Next Meeting 24 September at 7PM
Let’s join together as a church community for a time of prayer. We will come before God with our prayers of gratitude, our personal requests and our prayers for others. Grab a cuppa and get in a comfy chair – we’d love to have you onboard.
SPIRITUAL CARE OR PRAYER WITH REV IRIS Arrange a time
If you would like some one-on-one time with Iris to chat through anything at all, please get in touch and we’ll set up an online meeting time in our virtual “Coffee Lounge”. Iris is available for pastoral or spiritual care, prayer or general sharing. To make an appointment email email@example.com or 0432 067 227
SMALL GROUP MEETINGS At a time suitable for your group
Your Living Faith Uniting Church small group can have some time of sharing together through an online meeting. It’s as easy as a click away. Group leaders please get in touch with Iris who will set up the meeting at a suitable time for your group, email each person the link to click, and away you go. Don’t forget to have your warm cuppa handy.
Contact Iris to organise Small Group meetings
FOR ONLINE “COFFEE LOUNGE” MEETING SUPPORT
Become a Member of Living Faith Uniting Church
Whether you have attended Living Faith Uniting Church for a short or long time, we would love to welcome you as a member. We have a course to assist you. We'll celebrate the milestone together with you! To start your journey to membership click here: Foundations to Christianity Course
For more information contact Rev. Iris firstname.lastname@example.org or 0423 067 227
Training/Meeting Room Available for Rent
Available Now: Living Faith Uniting Church is offering a training / meeting room for rental. The spacious and conveniently-located facility is ideal for groups of up to 20 - 50 people and includes a kitchenette and onsite parking.
Should you or your organization be interested in renting a professional meeting room on the South-side of Brisbane, please contact:
Rev Iris Marais on email@example.com or 0432 067 227
Healing and Wholeness Course
When last did you give yourself time to explore the ways that God wants to heal the various areas of your life?
The Healing and Wholeness Course has been run across churches in different continents. It provides life transforming avenues to access Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, Relational and Physical healing. Furthermore, the teachings equip individuals and churches with the necessary skills to set up and participate in powerful healing ministries to others.
Rev Costa Stathakis has over 45 years ministry experience in this area and looks forward to leading us to a deeper place of healing and wholeness in all areas of our lives.
Lead by: Rev. Costa Stathakis
Where: Living Faith Uniting Church
Thoughts in Bereavement
A Journey Through the Pain of Loss
The pathway through grief can be wrought with emotional roller-coaster experiences and persistent grief that can endure for years. If you have been through the loss of a loved one, this gentle journey will provide a soothing balm for your soul. Marge Stathakis, a leading Grief Counsellor, will assist participants through the stages of bereavement. Her Christian faith and vast experience form the basis to her teachings, as she works to bring about healing for those who mourn.
Where: Living Faith Uniting Church
Trash to Treasure Fundraiser
Do you have items in your house to sell?
Help the church to raise funds!
What must you do?
Send photo/s of the item, a detailed description and collection address to:
Contact: Su Fonseka firstname.lastname@example.org
You choose the percentage amount that the church gets:
50% minimum of the sale :)